Saturday, July 2, 2011

Taiko Valley, South Canterbury

Last Sunday afternoon our local photography club ran a landscape workshop & fieldtrip with the hope of catching a wonderful sunset. The Taiko Valley is just west of Timaru. We were given some tutoring for a hour, then off we went to try and put the theory into practise. The shadows accentuated by the setting sun created wonderful rural patterns, unfortunately the sunset did not produce the colours we had hoped but none the less, did provide some warm light.











1 comment:

Wendy North said...

I like the way that the low light has emphasised the sculptural form of the landscape. I particularly like the way the lines work in number 4. (I can't think of anywhere that I've seen in the UK where the land is shaped in this way. I wonder how it was formed.

p.s. I've also got quite a liking for number one.